Time to wind down and enjoy this pistachio topped dessert. A vegan twist on traditional ice-cream, sure to be a hit at your outdoor summer dinner party.
Pistachio nuts are rich in nutrients: contains magnesium: 34 milligrams (mg) potassium: 291 mg phosphorus: 139 mg vitamin B-6: 0.482 mg thiamin: 0.247 mg
You may like this recipe as well:
- 2 cans (400 ml x 2) full fat coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla bean (split, and seeds scraped out)
- 1/2 cup (115 g) turbinado sugar (you could also use granulated sugar or maple syrup)
- 6-8 tbsp dried rose petals
- Place coconut milk, salt, vanilla bean and seeds, sugar and rose petals in a sauce pan.
- Heat until mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and put a lid on the pan.
- Let mixture steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a fine wire sieve into a bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely cool.
- Using an ice cream machine, churn the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once the ice cream reaches soft-serve consistency, transfer to a freezer container, sprinkle some extra dried rose petals on top and freeze until firm enough to scoop, approximately 2–4 hours.
- If the ice cream feels hard after some time in the freezer, remove it from the freezer 15 minutes prior to serving.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a freezer container and put in the freezer.
- When partially frozen (after a couple of hours), take it out and whip it with an electric mixer to break up the ice crystals.
- Repeat 3–4 of times during the freezing process.
- Freeze until firm enough to scoop.
It won’t be exactly the same as when you use a machine for churning but it’ll still be delicious!
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp (50 g) turbinado sugar
- 2/3 cup (90 g) gluten free all spice
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp (20 g) rolled oats
- 1 tsp freshly ground cardamom
- 4-5 tbsp coconut oil (not liquid but not completely firm either. Put the jar in the fridge for a while if too liquid) or use 60 g of softened butter
- Pistachios & figs
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Place sugar, flour, salt, oats, cardamom and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Using your hands, mix together until crumbly.
- Spread on a parchment-covered baking sheet and bake for 8–10 minutes.
- Let cool, then serve with ice cream.
- Sprinkle with toppings.