Gluten and dairy-free doesn’t necessarily mean flavour free. This tempting dessert is packed with flavour, while maintaining the CLEARlife commitment to health(ier) eating.
(Makes one 8 inch tart)
- 1 ½ cups hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup rolled oats, toasted
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 90g dried dates
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp almond milk (or other non-dairy alternative)
You may like this recipe as well:
- Add the hazelnuts, oats, salt and cocoa power to the processor and process until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. (Do not over process).
- Add the dates, oil and almond milk and process until the mixture comes together to form a dough. The dough should be sticky enough to form a ball.
- Line an 8 inch round pan with saran wrap and press the dough into the pan and up the sides of the pan to form a “crust”.
Raspberry “Cheesecake” Filling
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews, soaked (for at least 4 hours or overnight) and drained
- ¼ cup coconut nectar (or agave syrup)
- 4 tbsp coconut cream*
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- *extra raspberries, for filling
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling in a food processor and process for 3-4 minutes until smooth.
- Place a few whole raspberries at the bottom of the prepared crust, and gently pour the filling over the berries.
- Place the cake in the freezer until the cheesecake filling is firm.
Chocolate Ganache Topping
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients until a smooth chocolate sauce is formed.
- The sauce should be a pourable honey-like consistency. If it clumps, just heat the mixture up a bit and stir.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and pour the ganache over the filling, spreading it into all the corners so that the filling is completely covered.
- Place the tart in the freezer until ready to serve.