Oh, Sweet Summertime! Give these no churn frozen desserts a shot for a refreshing treat.
Organic Vodka is made from starch-based ingredients usually grains like rye, wheat, corn, or other types of starches that come from vegetables like potatoes. However, grains like wheat and corn are often grown with the help of GMOs (genetically modified organisms).
The ingredients for organic vodka come from the best quality of soil. During the preparation of organic vodka, distillers avoid charcoal or carbon for filtering to maintain its organic nature. The ingredients in organic vodka are distilled in small batches to provide a clean, smooth taste without the rubbing alcohol overtones found in conventional vodkas.
Organic vodkas utilize special distillation techniques, taking place in columns, separating impurities. These distillation processes carefully control the heating and cooling of the spirit.
Some vodka brands, are distilled from organic sugar cane and then mixed with mineral water. These types of vodkas do not contain any GMOs (genetically modified organisms), pesticides or herbicides, making it clean and refreshing. Most vodkas are comprised of 60% water, so the quality of water is very important. Some Organic vodkas are made with deep ocean mineral water that adds great depth of flavor to the vodka.
You may like this recipe as well:
Organic Vodka Screwdriver Granita
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 tbsp. simple syrup zest of 1 orange
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into a freezer-safe, rectangular sized dish.
- Once frozen, use a fork to shave into snow cone ice consistency.
- Serve in a short glass and enjoy.
No Churn Red Wine & Plum Sorbet
- 5 plums
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup red wine
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ vanilla pod
- Chop plums and put into a medium pot along with the sugar, wine, water and vanilla.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes or until plums are soft but there is still liquid.
- Press through a sieve to remove the skins of the plums.
- Pour into a freezer-safe glass dish.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Scoop out sorbet and serve in stemless wine glasses.