Steeped with fresh turmeric and ginger, this anti-inflammatory tonic aids in digestion and supports the immune system.
- 4 C (1 L) water 2” (5 cm) peeled fresh turmeric, cut into slices
- 1” (2.5 cm) peeled fresh ginger, cut into slices
- 1/4 tsp (2 ml) black pepper corns
- 1 C (250 ml) fresh lemon juice
- Bring water, turmeric and ginger to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 min, then let steep for 30 min.
- Strain the turmeric, and ginger, add the lemon juice.
- Chill for at least one hour or overnight.
- Blend for 1 minute before serving.
- Drink can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Publisher’s Note: Carol Dudar is a Toronto based recipe developer and food stylist.