Colourful and rich in micronutrients, this zesty drink will have you returning for more, guilt-free.
You may like this recipe as well:
- 2 C (250 ml) fresh beet juice (*add 1/2 cup or more water if juice is too thick)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pink peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 C (125 ml) canned organic chick pea liquid (aquafaba)
- Blend the beet juice, pink peppercorns, and cinnamon for 2-3 min in blender until completely smooth.
- Chill for one hour to have drink cold, or overnight to have the flavours to blend.
- Drink can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Just before serving, whisk the aquafaba with a stand mixer until the mixture is quite thick and foamy resembling soft peaked egg whites.
- Add 1/2 C (60 ml) of the aquafaba to the beet juice and gently mix well.
- Pour drinks into prepared glasses and serve immediately.
Publisher’s Note: Carol Dudar is a Toronto based recipe developer and food stylist.