There are a lot of people who are still unaware of the difference between cocoa and cacao. To get the benefits of cacao powder, understanding these differences is necessary.
Cold pressed, and unroasted cacao beans are raw cacao. This method removes the cacao butter or the fat from it and keeps the enzymes intact.
Cocoa has a similar look, but it is entirely different. If you roast raw cacao in high temperature, you get cocoa powder. However, this roasting process alters the molecular structures and decreases the active enzymes. The method also reduces its nutritional value.
- Rich in Antioxidants: The antioxidants fight free radicals and help our body to function correctly. These antioxidants can flush out the toxins from our body and prevent future damages.
- High in Organic Iron: Vegan can struggle to get plant-based food sources which can supply the needed nutrients like iron(2) so it is a great food source for this.
- Rich in Calcium: This plant-based milk is a better option for calcium content than dairy milks
- Prevents the Risk of Heart Attack: Lowering blood pressure means a reduced risk of stroke and heart attack. So, cacao powder can be useful for the cardiovascular system and organism. The flavanol dilutes in the arteries and relaxes them while reducing any tension. It also reduces the level of bad cholesterol or LDL and helps in thinning the blood just similar aspirin.
- 2 bananas, very ripe
- 2 tbsp cacao powder, raw
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 optional toppings – dried raspberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups Ice
- Combine the cacao powder, sugar, banana, vanilla, and almond milk in a blender on high speed for 30 to 45 seconds, or until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Add the ice and blend on high for 30 to 45 seconds, or until the ice is broken down and the drink is frothy.
- Serve immediately. Top with optional toppings as desired.