Starting each day with a good solid breakfast has never been so easy, or so healthy. The great thing about making your own granola is that you know exactly what’s in it (no preservatives!) and you can adjust to your own tastes. If you are making it for a family or kids, leave out the coffee.
(Makes 3 cups)
- 2 cups large flake oats
- ½ cup roughly chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 1 tbsp. finely ground coffee
- ¾ tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅔ cup honey
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ⅔ cup roughly chopped dried Turkish apricots
- Preheat oven to 300℉
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Mix honey, oil and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add to oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet and bake 22-25 minutes until golden, stirring halfway (granola will crisp up as it cools).
- Cool completely; stir in apricots.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 2 months.