Start your day right with a healthy, home-made granola. Make ahead of time, and enjoy!
- ¼ c pumpkin seeds
- ¼ c sunflower seeds
- ½ c pecans, *crushed
- ½ c cashews, *crushed
- ½ c walnuts
- 2 tbsps toasted sesame seeds
- ½ c salted pistachios. *crushed
- ½ c raw almonds, *crushed
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ c maple syrup
- ¼ c tahini
- Using the bottom of a one cup (250 ml) dry measure cup, crush the nuts by evenly placing them on a cutting board and pressing down on the cup measure, breaking the nuts up.
- Repeat until all nuts are crushed.
- Mix the nuts together in a medium bowl.
- Combine vanilla, cardamom, salt, maple syrup, and tahini together and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the nuts and combine until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Transfer the nuts to a parchment lined baking sheet, and spread the mixture evenly over the baking pan.
- Bake at 300 for 30-35 min or until golden brown, rotating and tossing the granola every 10 min.
- When nuts are golden brown, and toasted, remove from oven, and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Transfer to a air tight container when granola is completely cooled.
- Should last for around 1 month in airtight container.
Publisher’s Note: Carol Dudar is a Toronto based recipe developer and food stylist.