Light, flavourful, and healthy, a perfect starter for any fall meal.
- 2 heads of radicchio, each cut into 6-8 wedges
- 2 small red onion, each cut into 6-8 wedges
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Toasted hazelnuts
- Aleppo pepper
- Fennel fronds
- Grill the radicchio and red onion for 5-8 min or until until well grilled on both sides.
- Meanwhile, whisk the grated garlic, lemon juice, tahini, maple syrup, liquid smoke and salt together in a small bowl.
- Remove radicchio and onion and transfer to serving dish or divide between plates.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Garnish with the toasted nuts, aleppo pepper and fennel fronds.
- Serve immediately.
Publisher’s Note: Carol Dudar is a Toronto based recipe developer and food stylist.