Rich in flavour, this delicious curry can be served over rice or quinoa for a hearty winter meal. Zucchini, fennel and carrots add to the array of flavours and are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Benefits of pumpkin
- Helps digestion: lower your risk for obesity, all while increasing nutrient absorption,
- Regulates blood pressure: pumpkin seed oil helps prevent can lower already-high levels,
- Reduces cancer risks: health benefits of pumpkin decrease risk for prostate, breast, and colon cancers, according to .
- Combats diabetes: The phenolic phytochemicals in this superfruit have been , and in turn, lower the risk for diabetes.
You may like this recipe as well:
- 1 block (14-16 oz) super firm tofu, cut into 1” cubes
- 4 t olive oil
- 1 t honey or maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat broiler.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil with honey or maple syrup and all spices.
- Add cubed tofu and gently toss to combine.
- Arrange tofu in a single layer on baking sheet and broil for 10 mins or until tofu is browned and crispy on top.
- Gently toss and broil an additional 10 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly.
You may like these recipes as well:
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping cup canned or pureed pumpkin
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ cup apple cider (or veggie stock)
- 1.5 t maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 t light cooking oil, such as avocado oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 bulb fennel, quartered, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into half-moons
- 1 cup frozen peas
- handful basil, torn or finely shredded
- crushed peanuts, for serving
- cooked rice or quinoa, for serving
- While tofu broils, add all curry spices (cumin through cinnamon) to a large, dry skillet and toast until fragrant and slightly nutty.
- Add toasted spices to a blender and add pumpkin, coconut milk, garlic, apple cider, maple syrup and salt and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- To same skillet used to toast the spices, add cooking oil and heat over med-high f lame.
- Add carrots, fennel and zucchini and stir-fry until crisp-tender, 3–5 mins.
- Add blended curry mixture and peas and cook until heated through, about 5 mins.
- Serve curried veggies over rice or quinoa topped with broiled tofu, basil and peanuts.