The skin is the largest organ in the human body. Removal of toxins from the body has a profound effect on every part. Detoxifying helps all of your organs are working in harmony with one another. Since your skin covers everything, it benefits as well from releasing harmful substances and replacing them with nutrients and minerals. The result is clear, healthy-looking skin. Here is a series of 7 steps to pursue the best conditions for the prevention of acne.
Step One – Stop the Influx of Toxins
Just like getting out of debt, the first thing to do is stop digging. Part of the detoxing process is limiting the toxins you’re taking in. They come in many forms, some less obvious than others. Cigarette smoke and alcohol are clearly toxic to the body. Pesticides and herbicides from conventionally grown fruits and vegetables are also ubiquitous, as is the the widespread use of antibiotics and growth hormones in conventionally raised livestock.
Environmental heavy metals can build up in the body over time. If these go unchecked, over time they could be causing problems in the skin, in the form of acne as well as other health problems.
Step Two – Begin from Within
Acne arises from internal processes. What appears on the face may have no relation to present contexts, but rather what you have been exposed to in the past. The focus of acne treatment must shift to the inside, where acne gets its start. Here are some things you can do to help improve the condition of your skin.
- Drink plenty of pure water. Dehydration can cause acne to worsen.
- Consider a colon cleanse. Accumulation of bacteria waste in the colon can result in unhealthy skin.
- Cleanse the liver. Eating foods that help the liver, and avoiding caffeine and alcohol may reduce eruptions.
- Eat only organic foods to avoid toxic pesticides and other chemicals.
- Stop smoking and limit alcohol consumption.
- Get a water filter and use it for drinking water and for your shower to limit the amount of chlorine on your skin.
- Step Three – use all-natural acne treatments and skincare regimes.
- Avoid harsh, chemical-laden acne treatments, and switch to organic and all-natural products, such as the Renew Gentle Cleansing Milk, that will nourish your skin with botanicals and herbs. Give the body things it needs, rather than bombarding it with substances that were created in a laboratory. Change is often a process of trial and error. Just because something is made from all-natural ingredients does not guarantee that your skin will respond well to it.
Step Four – Use a Detoxifying Healing Mask
For severe acne, a detoxifying healing mask made with bentonite clay may have positive effects. This clay draws out toxins. It is often used as part of a detox bath, and the same benefits can be applied to your face by using it as a mask. This mask clears out pores by removing dirt as well as impurities. A clay mask can be a part of weekly maintenance.
Step Five – Observe Your Results
Do not leap to defeat in the midst of a detox course. Things might look worse before they look better. If this is your first experience with detox, and you’ve been on the “Standard American Diet” until now, pace your expectations. With better habits and time, you will have a better perspective on what is working and what isn’t, and where you can make additional adjustments for even more results.
Step Six – Fill Any Nutritional Gaps
Your dermatologist is the best resource for information on whether your acne may be caused by a nutritional deficiency. A specific vitamin or mineral may be lacking in your diet, and this is causing breakouts. It can be hard to eat the recommended 5 to 7 servings of fruits and vegetables each day, so supplementing with whole food vitamins and greens may be what you need. These do not contain synthetic vitamins and minerals.
Step Seven – Go the Distance
Conquering an acne problem is not a short trip, but rather, a long road. The body has to adjust to the changes you’re making, and results take time. If you try to speed up the process, this may make things worse. Using harsh or abrasive cleansers and creams is not a short-cut to clear skin. It may defeat the purpose by causing additional redness, bringing attention to the most embarrassing fact of this condition.
For tips on clean beauty lines check out: