Peeling skin can be the result of numerous factors. Here are some great remedies against flaky skin, and some tips on how to deal with this trouble.
Causes of peeling skin
One of the problems that every woman often encounters is flaky skin. Because of this nuisance, it is simply impossible to properly apply makeup: the foundation lies in pieces, when applying powder, the face looks like cracked asphalt. In addition, there is a rather unpleasant sensation, itching. Especially often this happens in the autumn-winter period due to vitamin deficiencies and the influence of weather conditions. In general, there can be many reasons for this phenomenon, and they can be conditionally divided into external and internal.
What can cause irritation and flaking of skin flakes? Most often these are such external influences:
- The effect of frost
- Excessive tanning (including that obtained in a solarium)
- Too dry indoor air
- Allergy to flowering plants in spring
- Allergy to water
- The use of low-quality decorative cosmetics
- Contact dermatitis (when exposed to any irritants – chemical or physical), etc.
In addition to these factors, often independent of us, the cause of peeling of the skin of the face may be in the cosmetics that we use. Creams, tonics, foams for washing, etc. you need to choose individually, taking into account the characteristics of your skins needs. If the skin is dry, you can not dry it even more, and greasy creams should not be used for greasy, as this will certainly lead to a negative effect.
How to deal with external adverse factors so negatively affecting our skin? Here are some suggestions:
- Protect your face from wind and frost by using special creams before going out.
- Humidify the air in your home, especially when it is over dried by heating devices.
- Wash your face with filtered if you can.
- Change soap for washing with clean organic based products – foams, mousses, lotions. After water procedures, it is better to wipe not with a rough towel, but with soft natural material towels. If you still can’t do without soap, choose those types that contain olive or almond oil and are organic.
- Even for oily skin, it is not necessary to use tonics based with alcohol, since such products can “burn” the skin, and this will certainly provoke peeling. Also, make sure that the cosmetics that you use do not have lanolin, since this component often causes allergies, itching and redness of the skin.
- Switch to natural cosmetics and skincare routines.
Internal factors affecting skin health. How to eliminate them?
If the cause of skin peeling is not external factors, but a disruption of the body, it will be harder to cope with. First you need to analyze what exactly could provoke a worsening of the epidermis.
The main and most common cause of skin peeling is a lack of moisture in the body. The outside layer simply is not receiving water, as a result of it begins to peel and crack. Therefore, you need, firstly, to drink more water, and secondly, use moisturizers, serums, and oils to hydrate.
Next, we consider the factors affecting the condition of the skin and the actions that should be taken in this case:
The lack of certain vitamins. When there is a simple deficiency of these substances, you can correct the condition using nutrition. If there is a real vitamin deficiency, then you can not do without special mineral and vitamin complexes. It is useful for the skin to eat such foods:
- Vegetable fats – olive, sesame oil, cottonseed, linseed, etc. – are a real storehouse of vitamin E, with a lack of which the skin looks sluggish and begins to peel off. It is useful to add them to salads.
- Broccoli, various cereals, almonds, bananas, avocados, nuts, and other products provide B vitamins to the body. These substances prevent skin aging, improve its color, and promote hydration.
- Citrus fruits, sauerkraut, cranberries, walnuts, rose hips, etc. They contain a lot of vitamin C, which is an excellent antioxidant that fights free radicals. It is also thanks to it that collagen is formed, which is responsible for the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
Allergy to certain foods. In this case, the most important thing to do is to identify the allergen. To do this, you can take special tests, as well as think about what foods you eat. Perhaps by excluding certain foods from the diet, you will get rid of peeling of the skin. In addition, an allergic reaction may occur as a result of the use of drugs. Therefore, before treatment, you need to carefully read the instructions for the use of medicines and find out about their side effects.
Skin diseases (dermatitis, ichthyosis, psoriasis, eczema, etc.) and fungal infections . In this case, you need to consult a dermatologist who will prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Stressful condition . It is necessary to avoid nervous shocks that negatively affect, among other things, the skin.
Hormonal problems in the body . With such disorders, which are especially common in women during menopause, facial skin can react by peeling. Especially its elasticity decreases with a lack of sex hormones and thyroid hormones. In this case, you need to regularly take tests and adjust the level of these substances with the help of appropriate therapy.
How to help peeling skin?
Peeling is a way to cleanse the skin of keratinized particles, dirt and clogged pores. After such procedures, the face becomes smooth, and its tone is uniform. This tool is not rarely a preparatory step before applying a mask, as it makes it possible to access the skin layers located more deeply. By the way, peeling can be not only mechanical, but also chemical, vacuum, laser. At home, the first is used, while the rest of its types are available in special treatment spas. The advantages of peeling are also that thanks to it you can not only get rid of peeling of the skin, but also eliminate small wrinkles, sebaceous plugs, age spots.
Masks to help flaky skin
After we get rid of the keratinized particles with the help of peeling, it is necessary to moisturize and “saturate” the skin with various useful substances. For this, nutritional masks are the best fit. Of course, for these purposes, you can use the funds purchased in specialized cosmetic stores or a pharmacy. But they may contain, among other things, preservatives and fragrances that provoke allergic reactions. Make sure you look at the ingredients list, to be 100% sure that they do not include various harmful components.