Did you know, pure forms of alcohol like vodka are free of carbs. These beverages can be drunk straight or combined with low-carb mixers, like our vodka tonic, for more flavour and are usually 3–4 grams per serving.
Did you know a vodka tonic, comprises an additional 83 calories and more than 20 grams of sugar per serving. A Screwdriver has approximately 164 calories. While no one is calling it a health beverage, it is a good cocktail choice to keep the calories down.
Tonic water is a carbonated soft drink that may contain a bit of sugar and has little nutritional value. The quinine present in tonic water provides a distinctive bitter flavor. Tonic water benefits lead to avoiding an unnecessary increase in calorie consumption.
- 1 1/2 oz (45 ml) Viritus Organic Vodka
- 4 oz (120 ml) tonic water
- 4 oz (120 ml) cold brewed coffee (store bought or made)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh squeezed lime juice
- lime peel curl
- Fill tall glass with ice.
- Add the coffee, tonic, vodka and lime juice.
- Garnish with lime peel
You may also like this recipe: Rhubarb Hibiscus Vodka
Publisher’s Note: Carol Dudar is a Toronto based recipe developer and food stylist.