Kickstart your day with a healthy bowl of oatmeal, topped with seasonal fruits, such as berries. Add in chia seeds for extra nutrients, and flavour with dates. Delish!
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- pinch sea salt
- ½ cup mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, etc—frozen is fine, too).
- 1 teaspoon ground black cardamom
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5 dates, chopped
- ½ cup coconut chips
- 2 tablespooons maple syrup
- banana, sliced (optional)
Place a small sauce or soup pot over medium heat. Once the pot is hot, add the oats and toast until aromatic, stirring frequently—about 2-3 minutes.
Add the coconut oil or ghee and toast another minute or so.
Add the coconut milk, sea salt, berries, cardamom, chia, about half of the chopped dates and half of the coconut chips, and the maple syrup. Stir everything together and cook until you’ve reached your desired oatmeal consistency, stirring occasionally, roughly 5-7 minutes.