(makes 1 drink)
- 1oz (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2oz (45 ml) Viritus Organic Vodka
- 3 oz (90 ml) lime simple syrup (*see recipe below)
- 1 package (1 tsp/5 ml) matcha tea
- 1 cup (250 ml) ice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) unsweetened tetra pak coconut milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime simple syrup
- ½ cup (125 ml) ice
- lime wedge (*optional)
- sprinkle of matcha tea for garnishing (*optional)
Add the lime juice, vodka, lime simple syrup and matcha tea together
in cocktail shaker over ice. Shake well until cold, well mixed and slightly frothy.
Strain the matcha mixture into tall glass filled with ice.
Rinse out cocktail shaker, add the coconut milk, ice and lime syrup.
Shake well until coconut milk is frothy and chilled
Gently strain the coconut milk over the matcha drink to create a top white
layer over the green layer.
Garnish with the lime wedge and the sprinkle of matcha
Lime simple syrup
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) granulated white sugar
- 4 pieces of lime peel (each piece approx 1” (2 cm) long)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lime juice
Bring the water to a boil.
Add the sugar, and lime juice; turn down to a simmer and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Remove from heat, let cool completely and discard the lime peel.
Transfer to air tight container in the fridge for at least an hour, and keeps up to 2 weeks.
Publisher’s Note: Carol Dudar is a Toronto based recipe developer and food stylist.