Instead of a conventional dessert to end a meal, try a sweet lime coconut milk vodka drink.
A great tip is to store coconut vodka, if you want to make a batch, in the freezer or refrigerator for maximum flavour.
Mix your drink and add one wedge of lime into a tall glass, fill the glass with ice, and pour yourself a healthy cocktail.
(makes 1 drink)
- 1oz (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2oz (45 ml) Viritus Organic Vodka
- 3 oz (90 ml) lime simple syrup (*see recipe below)
- 1 package (1 tsp/5 ml) matcha tea
- 1 cup (250 ml) ice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) unsweetened tetra pak coconut milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime simple syrup
- ½ cup (125 ml) ice
- lime wedge (*optional)
- sprinkle of matcha tea for garnishing (*optional)
You may like this recipe as well:
- Add the lime juice, vodka, lime simple syrup and matcha tea together
- in cocktail shaker over ice. Shake well until cold, well mixed and slightly frothy.
- Strain the matcha mixture into tall glass filled with ice.
- Rinse out cocktail shaker, add the coconut milk, ice and lime syrup.
- Shake well until coconut milk is frothy and chilled
- Gently strain the coconut milk over the matcha drink to create a top white
- layer over the green layer.
- Garnish with the lime wedge and the sprinkle of matcha
- Serve immediately
Lime simple syrup
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) granulated white sugar
- 4 pieces of lime peel (each piece approx 1” (2 cm) long)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lime juice
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the sugar, and lime juice; turn down to a simmer and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, let cool completely and discard the lime peel.
- Transfer to air tight container in the fridge for at least an hour, and keeps up to 2 weeks.
Publisher’s Note: Carol Dudar is a Toronto based recipe developer and food stylist.