A skin type test is the first step to conscious care to determine your face care regime.
We advise you to check on a weekend, when there is no need to rush anywhere!
- Wash your face in the morning with a mild cleanser. ⠀
- Blot with a clean towel. Do not apply any cosmetics. ⠀
- After 2 hours, apply a thin plain paper towel to your face. ⠀
- Briefly hold a napkin in the forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks with your palm. ⠀
Rate the result:
- Dry skin: no greasy stains on a napkin
- Normal skin: mild greasy spots in the forehead, nose and chin
- Combination / mixed skin: pronounced oily spots in the forehead, nose and chin
- Oily skin: oily stains on the forehead, nose, chin and cheeks
Dry Face Care
Dry skin requires the gentlest procedures. Her protective lipid barrier is damaged, but it can be restored with proper care:
- Cleansing should be gentle. Suitable milk or micellar water to remove makeup. Gently cleanse, with moisturizers including ingredients such as sunflower oil, aloe vera gel, coconut oil. The less soap, the better!
- To help the skin quickly restore pH (acid-base balance), use a product with hyaluronic acid. Getting on the surface of the epidermis, it forms a film that prevents the evaporation of moisture and at the same time protects against aggressive environmental factors.
- In creams, look for ceramides and lipid-reducing components – they are now your best friends. They trap moisture in the skin, thereby preventing the destruction of the hydrolipidic mantle.
- In early spring, creams that have a denser texture should be used.
- Dry skin is thinner and is particularly prone to premature aging, so for active care, use serums with a complex of antioxidants.
You may like this story as well:
Normal Face Care
Congratulations! You are a happy owner of normal, or rather, perfect skin. For a longer maintenance of youth and beauty, there are several tips for care:
- Instead of aggressive alkaline gels with SLS and SLES, use soft cleansing milks.
- To maintain optimal water balance, regularly use moisturizing, organic cosmetics.
- Experiment with night masks, they will refresh your face!
Oily Face Care
Yes, excessive production of sebum makes the skin shiny. However, this has its pluses: excessive fat formation prevents moisture from leaving and helps to maintain youthful skin longer. The rules of care in this case are as follows:
- It is necessary to replace aggressive cleaning with a gentler one. Soaps and alkaline cleansers will only worsen the situation, as they violate the hydrolipidic barrier. And the skin, in order to restore it as soon as possible,will begin to increase the production of sebum. And you get a vicious circle. To stop this process, it is better to use gentle cleansing milks.
- Ignoring humidification is one of the main mistakes. Yes, moisturizing oily skin is counterintuitive. But this is necessary to stop the excessive production of sebum. Oily skin needs water no less than dry skin: a lack of moisture enhances the functioning of the sebaceous glands, and peeling provokes clogging of the pores. When choosing a cream, give preference to light textures.
- Refuse alcohol-containing cosmetics or skin care products. The judgment that oily skin should be “dried” is erroneous. Alcohol-containing tonics, on the contrary, deprive the skin of moisture, from which it begins to produce more sebum. It is better to use oil based moisturizers.
Combination Face Care
Combination skin type is the most common. With it, different parts of the face behave differently: the T-zone is characterized by increased excretion of sebum, and the skin on the cheeks, on the contrary, is prone to dryness. Care Tips:
- Combination skin is well suited for two-phase cleansing. Choose milk and oil based cleansers.
- Exfoliation is necessary with a tendency to clog pores and inflammation. Use products based on AHA and BHA acids to remove dead cells from the surface of the epidermis. This will help regulate sebum production and prevent blackheads.
- Use clay-based cleansing masks. They reduce the production of sebum and prevent the growth of bacteria in the pores. Apply this mask to the T-zone and rinse it off before it dries.
And finally! Sun protection is important. So cover up, as it is needed for all skin types, even in the cold season (if you spend more than 30 minutes on the street).