Exploring the various recipes you can make with coconut has never been so fun! a mix of heirloom carrots, courgettes, and garden fresh veggies make a delicious backdrop for the shaved coconut. A perfect starter for Pizza Bianca.
- 3 heirloom carrots; purple, yellow and orange peeled and sliced into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1 small or medium zucchini, sliced into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh coconut, outer shelled removed, and coconut meat shaved into strips using a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin julienned pieces roughly
- 1/2” (1 1/2 cm) long 2 chives (2 tbsp/ 30 ml) cut into 1/4”-1/2” (3/4 cm-1 1/2cm) long (Optional: 1 small Thai bird chili, thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 ml) toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp (45ml) avocado or safflower oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 ml) seasoned rice vinegar 2 tsp (10 ml) mirin Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Season with sea salt and fresh black pepper.
- Prepare all of the vegetables, and arrange on a large serving plate.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
Can sprinkle toasted sesame seeds or black sesame seeds (or a mix of both sesame seeds) over salad before serving.
Publisher’s Note: Carol Dudar is a Toronto based recipe developer and food stylist.