Cauliflower is very low in calories yet high in vitamins. In fact, cauliflower contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need.
Nutrients found in 1 cup, or 128 grams, of raw cauliflower:
- Calories: 25
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Vitamin C: 77% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 20% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 11% of the RDI
- Folate: 14% of the RDI
- Pantothenic acid: 7% of the RDI
- Potassium: 9% of the RDI
- Manganese: 8% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 4% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 4% of the RDI
- High in fibre
- Good source of antioxidants
- May aid in weight loss
- High in choline
- Rich in sulforaphane
- 1 gluten free pizza crust (try this mix)*
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp hot sauce*
- 3 cups vegan mozzarella (or dairy version)
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- fresh basil
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- green pepper sliced
INGREDIENT (vegan ranch)
- 3/4 cup plain vegan yogurt (or dairy)
- 3 tbsp plain nondairy milk (or dairy)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp pepper
You may also like this recipe: Pulled Jackfruit Tacos
INGREDIENTS (Vegan Buffalo Sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 3 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 Salt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare pizza crust according to package directions.
- Make sure to bake the crust before adding toppings.
- Toss cauliflower florets in olive oil, salt and cornstarch.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, heat buffalo sauce and vegan butter over medium-low and whisk until well combined.
- Remove from heat and reserve about 1/4 cup in a separate bowl.
- Pour the rest over the baked cauliflower and toss to combine.
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup of *buffalo sauce over pizza crust in a thin layer.
- Top with vegan cheese and buffalo cauliflower.
- Layer on sliced tomatoes, basil, green peppers and avocado.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all ingredients for vegan ranch.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool slightly.
- Top with avocado slices, micro greens and a drizzle of vegan ranch.
- Slice and enjoy!
INSTRUCTIONS (Buffalo Sauce)
- Heat vegan butter in a pot, then add minced garlic, maple syrup, hot sauce and vinegar.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and heat everything until it simmers.
- Turn down the heat to make sure not to overcook and let it simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool completely, then store in an airtight container or sealed jar.