In addition to being rich in beta-carotene, carrot soup provides an excellent source of falcarinol — a natural compound that has been shown to inhibit the development of many types of cancer. Researchers found that rats that had pre-cancerous tumors and that were fed carrots were one third less likely to develop full-scale tumors than the animals in the control group.
Carrot soup is pumped with Vitamin A, which in recommended quantities, is essential for good vision, and carrots offer the nutrient in abundance. If a person is deprived of vitamin A for too long, the outer segments of the eyes’ photoreceptors begin to deteriorate. Carrot soup juice contains lutein, a powerful antioxidant.
Including ginger in your carrot soup recipe is simply delicious as well as being healthy. Ginger improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body. Ginger clears the ‘microcirculatory channels’ of the body, including clearing your sinuses which can flare up seasonally or during colder months. Feeling airsick or nauseous? Ginger can help – preferably tossed in a little honey.
You may like this recipe as well:
- 2lbs carrots
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped (can add more for more of a spice if desired)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 6 cups of broth
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees F.
- Peel carrots and roughly chop
- Place carrots on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle maple syrup, olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast carrots for about 50 min or until soft and caramelized
- In a large pot heat oil and add garlic, onion and ginger until softened
- Add cumin, curry powder and cayenne and toast spices until fragrant
- Add broth and roasted carrots and bring to a boil
- Once boiled for five minutes, carefully place soup into a high powered blender
- Blend soup until creamy, season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve hot with your preferred garnish