A new twist on the traditional Caesar Salad, pairs nicely with the Chilled Avocado Soup for multi course summer dinner. (Serves 4)
- 1/2c (125ml) raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 6 tbsp (60ml or 1/4c) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30ml) dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp (15ml) nutritional yeast
- 1/2c (125ml) olive oil
- 4-6 tbsp (60-125ml or 1/4-1/2c) water
- sea salt
- fresh black pepper
In blender, blend all ingredients, except water, on low speed.
Slowly increase speed to puree adding water, stopping to stir the cashew mixture, if necessary,
Increase speed to high to puree until smooth.
Add more water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
Salad (Use right away or refrigerate.)
- 1 head treviso radicchio, cut into 4 parallel lengthwise slices, keeping leaves attached to the core
- 2 romaine hearts, each cut into 4 parallel lengthwise slices, keeping leaves attached to the core
- 2 Belgium endive, each cut into 4 parallel lengthwise slices, keeping leaves attached to the core
- 1/2c (12ml) coconut bacon (faux bacon)
Divide the salad greens between 4 plates, layering the different slices.
Drizzle the caesar salad dressing over top.
Crumble the coconut bacon over salads. Serve immediately.
*Note: Add gluten-free or regular bread croutons toasted if desired.