A new twist on the traditional Caesar Salad, pairs nicely with the Chilled Avocado Soup for multi course summer dinner.
- 1/2c (125ml) raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 6 tbsp (60ml or 1/4c) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30ml) dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp (15ml) nutritional yeast
- 1/2c (125ml) olive oil
- 4-6 tbsp (60-125ml or 1/4-1/2c) water
- sea salt
- fresh black pepper
You may like this recipe as well:
- In blender, blend all ingredients, except water, on low speed.
- Slowly increase speed to puree adding water, stopping to stir the cashew mixture, if necessary,
- Increase speed to high to puree until smooth.
- Add more water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
Salad (Use right away or refrigerate.)
- 1 head treviso radicchio, cut into 4 parallel lengthwise slices, keeping leaves attached to the core
- 2 romaine hearts, each cut into 4 parallel lengthwise slices, keeping leaves attached to the core
- 2 Belgium endive, each cut into 4 parallel lengthwise slices, keeping leaves attached to the core
- 1/2c (12ml) coconut bacon (faux bacon)
- Divide the salad greens between 4 plates, layering the different slices.
- Drizzle the caesar salad dressing over top.
- Crumble the coconut bacon over salads.
- Serve immediately.
*Note: Add gluten-free or regular bread croutons toasted if desired.
Publisher’s Note: Carol Dudar is a Toronto based recipe developer and food stylist.