Matcha is long known for it’s detoxing health benefits, as well as being a delicious drink. For a new twist on a green tea match latte, try serving it up with coconut and dandelion. (serves 4)
- 3 tsp (10 ml) matcha powder
- 3 C (750 ml) coconut water
- 1 C (250 ml) gently boiled water
- 1 C (250 ml) coconut milk (Tetra Pak)
- 1/2 C (125 ml) dried dandelion flowers (available at health food stores)
Wash dandelion flowers, place in a medium bowl, and pour boiling water over flowers. Set aside for 3-4 hours or overnight. After steeping, strain the dandelions from the liquid. Add the matcha, coconut water, dandelion tea and coconut milk to blender and blend well for 2-3 min, then chill.
Drink can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days. Blend again before serving. Serve over ice.
*note: can also use 1 C fresh dandelion flowers with no pesticides
For a more celebratory look here is an optional garnish to do before filling the glass: 1 tbsp (15 ml) matcha powder