An easy appetizer, fresh, light and packed with flavour. (serves 4 as an appetizer)
- 1lb (500g) fresh red snapper, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 mango, peeled and thinly sliced using a peeler
- 1 small green chile, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) pink peppercorns, crushed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) hazelnut oil
Place the sliced fish in a flat glass or non reactive dish and pour the lime juice and zest from the 2 limes over top.
Mix together well, making sure that the fish has direct contact with the lime juice.
Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for 10-15 min or until the fish is opaque.
Meanwhile prep the rest of the ingredients.
Transfer the fish to a serving plate, and discard the marinating liquid.
Lightly toss the mango, red onion, and green chile with the fish.
Top with the chopped hazelnuts, and crushed pink peppercorns.
Drizzle the remaining lime juice and hazelnut oil over the fish and serve immediately.
Clear Tip: livestock agriculture and conventional fishing methods are hard on the environment. Please choose sustainably raised, organic meat, poultry and seafood whenever possible. It’s better for you, it’s better for the earth.