The oft overlooked cruciferous, cauliflower, can be invigorated with pomegranate and pistachios in a delicious oven roast. Guaranteed to please even the most selective of diners.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad With Pomegranate And Pistachios
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, torn
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon
- 1/4 cup olive oil salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and toss with olive oil.
- Add the cumin, turmeric and sumac, cayenne, salt and pepper and toss thoroughly.
- Place on a parchment lined bake sheet and bake for 30 minutes, turning cauliflower once, halfway through.
- In a large bowl whisk together the lemon juice, honey and Dijon. While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the roasted cauliflower in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Add the pistachios, pomegranate seeds, baby arugula and cilantro leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste.