Light and flavourful, with a variety of textures, make this twist on beef carpaccio a must try. Gluten and dairy free. (Serves 4)
- 200g prepared beef carpaccio from butcher
- 2 tbsp (30ml) quality extra virgin olive oil (or herb infused extra virgin olive oil)
- 3-4 heirloom and red radishes, thinly sliced and kept in cold water
- 3 small purple potatoes canola or grape seed oil for frying
- handful of small baby greens
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- beet horseradish (optional)
Heat the canola or grape seed oil to 350 degrees and thinly slice the potatoes. Fry the potato chips in small batches (don’t overcrowd) for 2-3 min until chips are crispy and very lightly golden brown. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Repeat until all the potatoes are done.
Drain the radish slices and dry.
Gently overlap the carpaccio on serving plate, top with the radish slices and salad greens. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil, and season with sea salt and pepper. Serve with the potato chips and the horseradish on the side.
* TIP: Radish slices and potato chips can be made ahead of time.
* TIP: Order the carpaccio at least 1 day ahead of time.
Clear Tip: livestock agriculture and conventional fishing methods are hard on the environment. Please choose sustainably raised, organic meat, poultry and seafood whenever possible. It’s better for you, it’s better for the earth